[Paraview] exporting selection labels to an SVG as editable/movable text-objects

David Lonie david.lonie at kitware.com
Wed Aug 14 13:16:58 EDT 2013

Hi Dr. Grothausmann,

This is currently not possible. Some portions of VTK/ParaView still
use methods of drawing text that are not fully compatible with the
GL2PS export mechanism, and unfortunately the selection label renderer
is one of them.

I'll take a look at this case and fix it for the next release. I've
opened a bug report for the issue:

http://paraview.org/Bug/view.php?id=14231

In the meantime, the best solution I can come up with is to manually
add a text source with appropriate text for the labels you care about.
This will be tedious for a large number of labels, but will allow
finer control over label positioning.

Thanks for the report,
Dave