[Paraview] exporting selection labels to an SVG as editable/movable text-objects

Dr. Roman Grothausmann grothausmann.roman at mh-hannover.de
Thu Aug 15 08:16:33 EDT 2013

Dear Dave,

Many thanks for Your reply and for opening a bug report. I wonder if it would be
possible to extend the glyph filter to allow rendering text labels as "glyphs"
because the Selection Inspector labelling cannot be save in a state file. If I
do so and want to reload it I get the message:

ERROR: In
/home/utkarsh/Dashboards/MyTests/NightlyMaster/ParaViewSuperbuild-Release/paraview/src/paraview/VTK/IO/XMLParser/vtkXMLParser.cxx,
line 483
vtkPVXMLParser (0x40172f0): Error parsing XML in stream at line 4409, column 38,
byte index 217112: not well-formed (invalid token)

Root does not exist. Either state file could not be opened or it does not
contain valid xml
Case not handled.

I guess though that the problem with the export to vector-graphics would remain
the same.

Many thanks for Your help
Roman