[Paraview] [newbie] show grid in paraview - wireframe shows triangles instead of quads...

newsboost newsboost at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 03:40:56 EDT 2011

Hi all

Interesting news: Yesterday I tried at home (using ubuntu 11.04 and
newest paraview, with the vtk-file I previously uploaded) and I got the
same result as Utkarsh and probably most other people in here...
However, at my work pc (also using ubuntu 11.04) I have previously had
some older version of paraview installed but I used the package manager
(synaptic) to clean *everything* before I installed newest paraview version.

So, you and me are both using the same vtk-file, but please see my
result here as it looks on my work pc:

http://www.filedropper.com/screenshot_4

So, I'm definately not happy about paraview on my work pc - please tell
me what could be wrong or what could be the solution... To me it
indicates that some old paraview-stuff and/or old VTK-stuff is
installed. Since I believe I've uninstalled all old paraview-stuff,
please explain me which VTK-stuff (VTK-libraries) I should have
installed on my ubuntu 11.04 pc...

I you can provide me with some hints about VTK-libraries, I think this
could solve my problem (at least I hope)...

Thanks!