[Paraview] Displaying an unstructured grid of tetrahedra

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Wed Oct 12 09:49:56 EDT 2011

I am trying to visualize the output from some volume meshing code. The output is a bunch of Tetrahedra. When I load the file in paraview (3.12.0rc2) I see the surface just fine but I do not "see" any thing connected to the single interior node. I have checked the file by hand using pencil and paper and the file seems to be formed correctly. When ParaView is viewing a dataset in "Surface mode" does it leave out the interior nodes or am I just missing something basic? Here is the data file:

# vtk DataFile Version 2.0
Generated Volume Mesh
ASCII
DATASET UNSTRUCTURED_GRID