[Paraview] Parallel Data visualization.

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Mon Mar 28 12:47:21 EDT 2011

I would:

1) See if your solver can output into one of the file formats that
ParaView understands. Those are listed at:
   http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Users_Guide/List_of_readers
Many, but not all of those are parallel aware and will do exactly what
you are trying to do.

2) If not, first see the VTK User's Guide chapter 16. This describes
in detail the API for VTK's data structures. Your reader is
responsible for parsing the file and filling in VTK data objects. Next
see
http://paraview.org/Wiki/Writing_ParaView_Readers, which is the same
as Chapter 21 in the ParaView guide, with the errata
(http://paraview.org/Wiki/Book_Errata) fixed. This book chapter
describes what a reader must do to read in parallel.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
28 Corporate Drive