[Paraview] Can't run VTKAVIWRITER - Unable to compress avi file error

David Partyka david.partyka at kitware.com
Wed Jul 27 10:42:50 EDT 2011

Hi Emily,

I reverted some changes to vtkAVIWriter so that this will use the old MSVC
codec which has been problematic for some, but the change hasn't been part
of a binary release yet. If you use ParaView 3.8 you should be able to save
as avi. Alternatively, 3.10.1 is attempting to use a better codec called
CVID. If you install one of the various codec packages on the internet
containing cvid that might also solve your problem, assuming you can install
software on your machine.

http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/