[Paraview] Can't run VTKAVIWRITER - Unable to compress avi file error

Guzas, Emily L CIV NUWC NWPT emily.guzas at navy.mil
Wed Jul 27 10:27:21 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am having a problem trying to save an animation in avi from a loaded vtk legacy file series.

Here's the error:
ERROR: In ..\..\..\..\source\VTK\IO\vtkAVIWriter.cxx, line 172
vtkAVIWriter (000000000DBA6E00): Unable to compress C:\...\test.avi

Here's my platform:
Windows XP Professional x64 SP2
ParaView 3.10.1 64bit

I looked through the archives and saw this thread documenting the same problem, but it looks like it was never resolved.
http://www.paraview.org/pipermail/paraview/2011-April/020797.html

Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Thanks,
Emily

Emily L. Guzas, Ph.D.
Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport
Analysis and Technology Branch, Code 4121
Phone: 401.832.5577
Email: emily.guzas at navy.mil

This signature line and my digital signature is the equivalent of a hard copy signature, serving to authenticate that I have the authority to send this e-mail and to indicate I have consciously decided that it should have the same legal authority normally accorded to an actual hard copy signature.