[Paraview] Is There A 3d Widget Plugin Demo Available?

Robert Maynard robert.maynard at kitware.com
Wed Dec 7 09:51:37 EST 2011

3D widgets separate the logic of display from interaction be
specifying two classes. The widget class it self handles the
interaction, and a widget representation handles the how to display
the widget. The documentation for vtkBoxWidget2 is a good starting
place to understand the widget concept in VTK (
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkBoxWidget2.html ).

To register your custom made widget with ParaView follow the
directions found in this email conversation:
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/paraview/2011-July/022122.html

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 10:07 AM, Christoffer Green
<christoffer.green at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have been trying to figure out how to write a 3d widget plugin for
> Paraview 3.12. By 3d widget I mean a widget in the 3d view like the already
> available ones such as for implicit planes or lines. I am however finding it
> hard to figure out what kind of things need to go into the CMakeLists.txt
> and what classes are needed and such since it appears to be somewhat
> complicated. Is there an example of such a plugin available somewhere?
>
> Thanks.
>
> BR/ Christoffer Green

Robert Maynard