[Paraview] Is There A 3d Widget Plugin Demo Available?

Christoffer Green christoffer.green at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 04:53:28 EST 2011

Thank you for your reply.

Currently I have been attempting something along those lines, though I
started with the vtkLineWidget2 instead of the vtkBoxWidget2. So I copied
all the files that appeared to be needed and changed the names of the
classes (this widget is going to be manipulating a plane so it got named
PlaneWidget). I have a problem now however that I do not understand. The
vtkLineRepresentation (vtkPlaneRepresentation now after name change) that
got copied has a function called SetPoint1WorldPosition that takes an array
of 3 double values as input.
On creation of the widget this function gets called correctly once but then
later on it gets called again but this time paraview tries to send an array
with only 2 double values in it even thought this directly contradicts the
xml definition for the function so then the generated
vtkPlaneRepresentationClientServer function locator fails to find it. Does
anybody have any clue why this is? I have tried to debug the call stack but
i can not make any sense of it. I have attached a zip file of the widget
source (after adding the plugin to paraview simply create a "Line Source
Plane" from the sources menu to create the widget).

"""""""""""""" The error message i get is:
ERROR: In
..\..\..\ParaView-3.12.0\ParaViewCore\ServerImplementation\vtkPVSessionCore.cxx,
line 324

vtkPVSessionCore (09369450): Object type: vtkPlaneRepresentation, could not
find requested method: "SetPoint1WorldPosition"

or the method was called with incorrect arguments.

while processing

Message 0 = Invoke

Argument 0 = vtk_object_pointer {vtkPlaneRepresentation (0C27AE80)}

Argument 1 = string_value {SetPoint1WorldPosition}

Argument 2 = float64_array {0, 0}

Thanks.

BR/ Christoffer Green