[Paraview] Performance Test: Gpu vs. Cpu Rendering

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Fri Aug 26 10:18:25 EDT 2011

Sorry, but I'm confused by the question.

You say you have a display comprising 6 screens.  Your rendering cluster
has 3 nodes each with 1 GPU.  How do you get a signal to all 6 screens
with only 3 GPU's?  Does each GPU have a dual output that can drive two
screens?  If so, are the two screens treated as one so that one window
from one MPI process covers both, or do you have to run two MPI processes
per GPU node to drive both screens?

You also say that you have nodes with only CPU's in them.  How many do you
have?  And how are they connected to the GPU nodes?  Are they two totally
separate clusters or all they all part of the same cluster and the GPU
nodes are just three special nodes in a larger cluster?

-Ken

   ****      Kenneth Moreland
    ***      Sandia National Laboratories
*** *** ***  email: kmorel at sandia.gov