[Paraview] Performance Test: Gpu vs. Cpu Rendering

onat.mercan at be.itu.edu.tr onat.mercan at be.itu.edu.tr
Thu Aug 25 18:58:50 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am working on blood flow visualization of cartoid artery. We have a
display wall which has 6 screens (2rows*3columns) and our system has 3
rendering servers (each of them has 1 gpu). As far as i know using tiled
screen mode let Paraview render on gpus and we can see the animation on
the screens and on cpu rendering mode, the only animation happens on
remote computer which is connected to servers.Is there any chance to see
animation on the screens while rendering on cpus because at the
performance comparison step, i see that cpu rendering has 25% rating than
gpu rendering (performance test has been done for 3gpus vs 3cpus/cores).
If you think that my problem is irrevelant to compare cpu and gpu
performances, what do you suggest?

believed to be clean.