[Paraview] vtkCellLocator: Python

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Mon May 31 15:15:54 EDT 2010

Hey Bastian,

I think you should be able to just use the Get() method to pull out that information key. When I want to find current time step information on some pipeline data (with a programmable filter), which has information that looks like this:

vtkInformation (0x11dd723d0)
Debug: Off
Modified Time: 70754
Reference Count: 2
Registered Events: (none)
DATA_NUMBER_OF_GHOST_LEVELS: 0
DATA_TIME_STEPS: 0
DATA_PIECE_NUMBER: 0
DATA_EXTENT_TYPE: 0
DATA_NUMBER_OF_PIECES: 1

I can do it with these commands:

pdi = self.GetInputDataObject(0,0)
current_time = pdi.GetInformation().Get(pdi.DATA_TIME_STEPS(),0)

So you might be able to just put NAME() in where I put DATA_TIME_STEPS().

Talk to you later,
-Eric

Eric E Monson
Duke Visualization Technology Group