[Paraview] vtkCellLocator: Python

Bastil2001 at yahoo.de Bastil2001 at yahoo.de
Mon May 31 13:23:23 EDT 2010

Thanks Utkarsh,

the required information is in MetaData:

print iter.GetCurrentMetaData()

vtkInformation (0x3808f00)
Debug: Off
Modified Time: 269417
Reference Count: 2
Registered Events: (none)
DONT_PRUNE: 1
NAME: my_given_name

Now I want to work with the NAME-Attribute (my_given_name) but I don't
know how to get this into a variable? I can't find a GetName()-Method...

print dir(iter.GetCurrentMetaData())

['AddObserver', 'Append', 'AppendUnique', 'BreakOnError', 'Clear',
'Copy', 'CopyEntries', 'CopyEntry', 'DebugOff', 'DebugOn', 'FastDelete',
'Get', 'GetAddressAsString', 'GetClassName', 'GetDebug',
'GetGlobalWarningDisplay', 'GetKey', 'GetMTime', 'GetNumberOfKeys',
'GetReferenceCount', 'GetRequest', 'GlobalWarningDisplayOff',
'GlobalWarningDisplayOn', 'Has', 'HasObserver', 'InvokeEvent', 'IsA',
'IsTypeOf', 'Length', 'Modified', 'NewInstance', 'PrintRevisions',
'Register', 'Remove', 'RemoveAllObservers', 'RemoveObserver',
'RemoveObservers', 'SafeDownCast', 'Set', 'SetDebug',
'SetGlobalWarningDisplay', 'SetReferenceCount', 'SetRequest', 'UnRegister']

Thanks for help.

Regards Bastian