[Paraview] FFMPEG swscale required?

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Tue Mar 16 15:10:40 EDT 2010

Hello,

I had to rebuild ParaView on my 64-bit Ubuntu (9.10) system yesterday. Today when I remembered I needed to turn on FFMPEG, I switched VTK_USE_FFMPEG_ENCODER: ON and ran into a cmake error during config:

CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
 Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
 FFMPEG_swscale_LIBRARY (ADVANCED)
     linked by target "vtkIO" in directory /home/emonson/Programming/ParaView_cvs/ParaView3/VTK/IO

I'm using the old FFMPEG sources from the VTK site that I compiled a couple months ago, and it was working back then. CMake was able to find the libraries I have okay:

FFMPEG_INCLUDE_DIR               /usr/local/include/ffmpeg
FFMPEG_avcodec_LIBRARY           /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.so
FFMPEG_avformat_LIBRARY          /usr/local/lib/libavformat.so
FFMPEG_avutil_LIBRARY            /usr/local/lib/libavutil.so

Is it just not auto-detecting that I'm using the old FFMPEG? Has there been a change recently that might cause this, or do you think I might have something configured wrong?

The only other difference in this build was I started using Qt 4.6.2 I compiled from source rather than the package I can apt-get with Ubuntu. (CVS ParaView from today, CMake 2.6-patch 4)

Thanks,
-Eric