[Paraview] Second try re:Question about volume viz algorithm(s)

Comer Duncan comer.duncan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 15:08:33 EDT 2010

Not having heard back, I am trying this submission again.  Please help.

I have two questions related to volume visualization in Paraview and VTK.

1. I would like to know more about the algorithm that is used in Paraview to
do volume viz.  I have used Paraview to viz a cartesian grid data set with
reaonable success.  I can not seem to locate in the documentation much at
all about just which algorithm is being used.  And how come there is a need
to stuff the data through tetrahedralize first?

2. I have recently taken a look at the vtk examples for volume viz.  They
are nice.  However, I decided to take a look at modifying SimpleRayCast.py
to viz my 31^3 data set i doubles but seem to find that the routine which
does the heavy lifting does not take doubles.  What do I need to do first to
make use of this example?

Thanks very much for your help.

Comer