[Paraview] VTK-Import, NaN-entries

Mathias Winkel win_wa at gmx.net
Fri Mar 12 08:54:01 EST 2010

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

Obviously, replacing the invalid data by some number seems to be the
only way. After digging through the Paraview-source I found, that the
vtk-files are read using an istream object with the >> operator (
http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/iostream/istream/operator%3E%3E/ ),
that by standardization does not support non-number-arguments.

So I changed my converter script to replace any "NaN" by something like
-0.9999E30. The value -1e99 did not work for me. Obviously, the allowed
data range is limited to exponents somewhere around 1e43. However, I did
not check that in detail...

If anybody has a better solution, pleas let me know :-)

Thank you and have a nice weekend,

Mathias