[Paraview] custom vtk filter import into paraview

Benjamin Kaufner benkaufner at gmx.de
Fri Mar 12 05:52:05 EST 2010

Hello,

I'd like to add an existing vtk-filter to paraview and so I tried the vtkCellDrivatives sample from the wiki. This didn't work (didn't show up in the filters menu list) - I assume because of Compute Derivatives is already part of the built-in filters.
So I switched to another filter for testing purpose: vtkExtractVectorComponents. In my opinion, it should work with quite the same setup in the xml-file like CellDerivatives, except the SourceProxy name, class and label entries. Success here in that way, that this new filter appeared in the filters list in paraview after restart. But: when I want to use it for an existing dataset in the pipeline, I get an error message saying :
----------------
ERROR: In ..\..\..src\servers\Common\vtkProcessModule.cxx, line 1051
vtkProcessModule (0C8F8368): Object type: vtkExtractVectorComponents, could not find requested method: "SetInput"
or the method was called with incorrect arguments.
But vtkExtractVectorComponents definitely has the SetInput-method and on the other hand going the XML-only way of adding filters to paraview, I don't have an influence on how arguments are passed to the function (, do I?)

I hope someone has an advice,
regards,
Ben
--
GMX DSL: Internet, Telefon und Entertainment für nur 19,99 EUR/mtl.!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02