[Paraview] Problems loading .vtu beyond a certain resolution

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Fri Mar 5 07:19:13 EST 2010

I don't think that this has anything to do with any limitation. I suspect
that there is
something wrong in the connectivity of your mesh. Both of those methods use
the
connectivity information and are likely to crash if you have cells pointing
to non-
existent point ids for example.

By the way, I don't recommend using the XML formats in ASCII mode for this
size
data. The reader is pretty slow in parsing ASCII files. You would get
significant
read-time improvement by using the appended mode (raw - no compression or
encoding) or even the legacy format in binary. If you must do ASCII, I
suggest
using the legacy format.

Cheers,
-berk