[Paraview] Sharing GPUs Amongst Processes

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Thu Mar 4 02:44:50 EST 2010

Ricardo,

Thanks for the useful info. We may opt to start an X server at bootup and then allow anyone connected to use the display. We wanted to avoid the xserver because on our existing system, slurm scripts are used to allocate a node, the script starts an X server for the user to run GL apps. Unfortunately on a newer system with many more cores, this leads to wasted resources as one user allocates the GPU and one core, the other 5 are inaccessible ....

JB