[Paraview] Sharing GPUs Amongst Processes

Rakesh Hammond rakesh.hammond at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 4 03:19:00 EST 2010

If I understand your question correctly and if PV can start its own xserver
process, then if you boot your compute nodes into level 3, it will not start
your xserver.

What I am not sure about is if PV can start its own xserver?

For example, in VisIt this is possible, and have done it.  We now have
machines with multiple GPUs (2 per node), so hoping that 2 of the four cores
on the machine can be used while the other 2 remains idle (for now).

I am happy to share our findings once we have it working (machine only got
installed yesterday :)

Rakesh