[Paraview] paraview - client-server

Bart Janssens bart.janssens at rma.ac.be
Thu Feb 4 14:45:53 EST 2010

On Thursday 04 February 2010 07:59:46 pm Rakesh Hammond wrote:
> I am no expert on this type of stuff, but I can see how this would work
> - the question is if you have multiple users connecting at the same
> time, obviously you can't forward everything into 11111 for example.

Hi Rakesh,

If you use reverse connections, the compute nodes only need to be able to
connect to outside machines (i.e. the workstations). Turning on NAT on a
gateway machine, i.e. the frontend, should be sufficient for that, and no port
forwarding is needed. This works on a standard Rocks setup, which enables the
frontend as gateway by default.

Cheers,

Bart