[Paraview] Inconsistent client view in tiled-display mode

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Aug 26 07:13:17 EDT 2010

This is probably intended behavior. What is the setting of the "Client
Collect" slider on the "Options"||"Preferences"->"Render
View"->"Server"->"Tile Display Parameters" tab of the Options panel?
Unless its checkbox is unchecked, ParaView either decimates the
geometry before sending it to the client or if larger than the
threshold, sends only bounding boxes. The reasoning being that if the
rendered geometry is big enough to require a tiled display to show, a
single GPU on the client is unlikely to be able to handle it a full
resolution.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer