[Paraview] Inconsistent client view in tiled-display mode

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Thu Aug 26 02:50:38 EDT 2010

When running in tiled display mode, the view at the client is
sometimes missing part of the geometry.

The effect appears to differ according to the number of tiles in play.
As an example just to demonstrate the effect:
- with a 4x4 tiling, a simple cylinder with no capping starts losing
bits of the cylinder when resolution setting is at 17. With a 4x5
tiling, distortion starts when resolution is 61. I have snapshots to
show the effect at:
     http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/research/paraview/missingbits.html

Of course it starts looking pretty bad with a real, more complicated,
visualisation.

Just to reiterate, this effect is just in the client viewer. The
rendering on the tiled display itself is perfect.

Is this a known phenomenon?

chris

(I'm running 3.8.0 built from tarball at paraview website).

Christoph Willing                       +61 7 3365 8316
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland