[Paraview] Python - StructuredGridReader

Christian Werner christian.werner at rwth-aachen.de
Sun Apr 4 05:29:53 EDT 2010

Hi!

I wonder how I can use a StructuredGridReader from within Python. I need
to read .vti volume files, but Python says:

> >> help(StructuredGridReader)

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<console>", line 1, in <module>

NameError: name 'StructuredGridReader' is not defined

I have read the Paraview Tutorial, where the ExodusIIReader ist used.
This works without a problem:

> >> help(ExodusIIReader)

Help on function CreateObject in module paraview.simple:

CreateObject(*input, **params)

The Exodus reader loads Exodus II files and produces an unstructured
grid output. The default file extensions are .g, .e, .ex2, .ex2v2, .exo,
.gen, .exoII, .exii, .0, .00, .000, and .0000 .

What am I doing wrong?

Best regards,
Christian