[Paraview] coprocessing wiki

liuning tantics at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 14:10:17 EDT 2010

Hi Andy,

Sorry to bother you again. I have read the co-processing source code and
some python scripts used by co-processing library. As far as I am concerned,
 the python scripts just set up a VTK pipeline and do some data processing
,but do nothing about parallel rendering and image compositing . (It is very
probable that I am wrong , but I really do not get it. Given  the Server
Manager plays an essential role in parallel rendering and compositing, it
seems to be very difficult to manipulate SM in the python scripts  ). If the
python scripts just do some processing, then why is python necessary?  Just
to provide a more flexible pvbatch?

I have a naive idea that I design a source that fetches data from the
simulation side and  updates the pipeline periodically, then ParaView will
handle the rest for me :)  Is this way feasible?

Best regards,

-Ning