[Paraview] best way to update a custom reader

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Thu Jan 29 02:25:40 EST 2009

Hi,

What is the best way to update my custom reader?
I have a complex pipeline and my timesteps are continuously coming in -
reloading the dataset and rebuilding the settings every time is not very
funny.
I CAN do it by calling RequestInformation (where I set the time range
etc) each time I press 'left' or 'right' on the animation tab, but slows
down playback, because the function does some extra IO. Maybe a custom
filter calling RequestInformation of current dataset? Any other ideas?

Dominik

--
Dominik Szczerba, Ph.D.
Computational Physics Group