[Paraview] Averages over Selections of Sliced Areas

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Wed Jan 28 17:40:36 EST 2009

> In addition: the connectivity filter does something wrong, see the other attached picture: it cuts the region too early.

Hmmm. I can't reproduce this. Can you share a dataset that
demonstrates the problem?

> I have attached two pictures of this. In the histogram picture you also see the wall effect on the left side: the cooler temperatures. how could one extract these zones? as you guessed right, it can be measured by the wall distance: 100 mm from the wall should be excluded.

This is indeed a difficult problem. I can't think of one or more
filters that can compute the wall distance. What about computing a
derived quantity such as shear that would be large in the boundary
layer. Maybe you can use that to threshold?

-berk