[Paraview] python programmable filters with no output in ParaView?

Pierre JUILLARD pierre.juillard at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 13:08:29 EST 2009

Thank you for your comments.

Yes a cvs table is an interesting idea to store the results. I'm gonna check
that. Thanks for the track!

At first, I was thinking to another way to keep such kind of scalar results
computed by a given filter.
I indeed thought that it could be interesting to store them as an attribute
value in the .pvsm file of the ParaView session, something like:

    <Proxy group="filters" type="" id=""
servers="">                                         *<= the filter that
computes a scalar result...*
      <Property name="Input" id=""
number_of_elements="">                            *<= ...and the definition
of all its inputs, and other necessary data*
      </Property>
      <Property name="Output" id="" umber_of_elements="1" *value="46"*>
* <= ...finally, the results obtained and written in the pvsm after a batch
execution or when the ParaView session is saved.*
      </Property>
    </Proxy>

But it may not be well in accordance with the logic of the pvsm file.

Thanks again for your help!
Cheers,

Pierre