[Paraview] ellipsoid glyphs

Syrkina Ekaterina syrkinae at ethz.ch
Thu Jan 22 09:39:14 EST 2009

Hello,

I'm new to paraview and vtk, and would like to use glyphs filter for
3d visualization. More precisely, I have a 3d vtk mesh and 3x3
matrices corresponding to each mesh vertex (matrices were obtained in
matlab and are not stored to any of paraview file types). I need
ellipsoids visualizing eigenvectors/eigenvalues of these matrices (for
all mesh points or for a subset). Is there any straight forward way to
do it?

I found spheres in glyphs filter, custom source glyph filter and
vtkTensorGlyph class, which seem to be able to solve my problem. But I
don't understand how to store my data and how to open them in
paraview. Or do I have to create my own filter to use ellipsoid glyphs?

Thanks. Regards,
Katya