[Paraview] pvrenderserver with MPI or without MPI?

Shigenobu Hirose shirose at jamstec.go.jp
Mon Jan 19 18:50:08 EST 2009

Hi Berk,

Thank you for the information. It looks fine for my current purpose.

But, I think I haven't yet understood how pvrenderserver works in
parallel. Does it still use MPI?; for example, if I had multiple
graphics cards, say 4 cards, should I do like this?:
% mpirun -np 8 pvdataserver
% mpirun -np 4 pvrenderserver
Or does it work in other way?

Shigenobu