[Paraview] Averages over Selections of Sliced Areas

Maurice Waldner merluza at gmx.net
Fri Jan 16 02:20:56 EST 2009

Dear Paraview Users

I have been using ParaView for some time now, but am unsure of how to calculate averages over certain areas. Picture1 shows a side-view of an incineration vessel. It has several passes, some of them with separation walls. Picture2 depicts a horizontal slice of it.
I would like to calculate average values (e.g. of velocity, temperature, etc.) of some of these SUB-areas of the slice. In addition, very near to the walls, there is the wall effect. I would for instance calculate the averages of the subareas, excluding the values nearer than 100 mm to the walls.

1) How can I calculate the averages of the sub-areas?
2) How can I calculate the averages of the sub-areas, excluding the wall-effect boundary zone?

Thank you very much for your help!
Maurice

--
Sensationsangebot verlängert: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K1308T4569a