[Paraview] Averages over Selections of Sliced Areas

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Fri Jan 16 11:45:17 EST 2009

This is a very cool challenge :-)

(1) is pretty easy. After the slice filter, apply the Connectivity
filter. This will create a new array called RegionId, which will be
different for each region. You can the use the threshold filter or the
selection mechanism to extract one of these regions.

Now (2) is more fun. Is there any way of quantifying the regions that
are outside the boundary zone? Is it based on distance? The value of
some other variable?

-berk