[Paraview] Add support for PARAVIEW_EXTRA_EXTERNAL_PLUGINS?

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Wed Jan 14 09:56:37 EST 2009

John,

You should talk to Tim Shead.  As part of his OverView work, he is implementing a mechanism is ParaView in which you can define a set of plugins which you want loaded upon program startup.  The vision is that one day the ParaView application will really be an empty shell the defines its GUI and implementation by opening a set of predefined plugins.

My point is that PARAVIEW_EXTRA_EXTERNAL_PLUGINS may be unnecessary and at some point may be obsolete.

-Ken