[Paraview] python programmable source not parallel?

Jean Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Tue Feb 10 09:31:04 EST 2009

Berk Geveci wrote:
> This is a "feature" rather than a bug. The programmable source sets
> the extent translator to be a vtkOnePieceExtentTranslator. To override
> this behavior, add the following to your RequestInformations script:

The thought never crossed my mind this could be a bug, but it sure
defied my understanding of parallelism. Made me doubt for a while.

As per the motivation of the ParaView developpers to do that, besides
providing an exercise for the more adventurous folks?

N.B. I added the code in my Update Script, not in the RequestInformation
Script as suggested, because it would cause the server to crash. (PV 3.4.0)

Thanks for the tip.
Jean