[Paraview] python programmable source not parallel?

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Tue Feb 10 11:07:45 EST 2009

> As per the motivation of the ParaView developpers to do that, besides
> providing an exercise for the more adventurous folks?

This was left from the days when charts expected rectilinear grid
input. Consider the case where you are applying a programmable filter
to an unstructured grid which computed a histogram. In that case, you
don't want to produce a portion of the output in each process but
rather produce the whole output and accumulate the result somehow.
Since we now use tables for charts, that can probably go away. I will
think a bit more before I remove it.

-berk