[Paraview] Plugin xml checker?

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Fri Dec 4 11:38:54 EST 2009

Sure! But you are asking more that simple xml-validity checks. You
also want to ensure that SetUseAutoRadius actually exists on the
vtk-class and is call-able etc. That's far more complicated than it
sounds. However to a great deal, ParaView does give verbose
abort-messages in such cases to help user identify missing commands
etc. To qualify your comment, ParaView doesn't simply crash when such
a filter is created, it aborts with error messages (ofcourse on
windows that may seem no different that crashing -- but on linux when
running from a terminal, I see nice error messages before it aborts).

Utkarsh