[Paraview] Plugin xml checker?

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Thu Dec 3 11:52:43 EST 2009

Understand and agree. I would also like to see an official "dtd" file
for the XML files. Lots of XML editors have "validation" commands that
will make sure the XML conforms to the DTD spec which can help remove
some xml related bugs that pop up (not well formed, missing tags,
attribtutes).
   Also, for advanced XML tools like the ones included in Eclipse and
NetBeans, the DTD can enable xml "Code Completion" which helps when
trying to develop the XML in the first place. This helps the user use
the correct tags and attributes for a given tag. It also would help
explore the possible tags, versus diving in to the ParaView source
code and skimming some of the XML files in there.

THanks for letting my "Hijack" the thread Dave..

Mike Jackson                  mike.jackson at bluequartz.net