[Paraview] python/VTK errors in Paraview

Karl Battams karlbattams at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 11:41:43 EDT 2009

Thanks!  That did it!

Next problem, along similar lines.  I want to simply volume render a vtk
file I have.  If I do everything from within the paraview app, it works
fine.  But if I try to do the following from the python shell (or pvpython)
it seg faults on me:

>>> reader=LegacyVTKReader(FileNames="/home/battams/model.vtk")
>>> Show(reader)
>>> SetDisplayProperties(reader,Representation='Volume')

Here's the error I get in my terminal:

ERROR: In
/home/battams/Builds/Paraview3/ParaView3/VTK/VolumeRendering/vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper.cxx,
line 1467
vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper (0x7fc7b7368010): Cell Scalars not
supported
[3]    Segmentation fault            paraview

It looks to me like the problem is my model because of the "Cell scalars not
supported" message.  But I can load/view it fine if I just use the ParaView
GUI.

Apologies in advance if I'm making some sort of stupid beginner mistake...

~~Karl