[Paraview] python/VTK errors in Paraview

pat marion pat.marion at kitware.com
Fri Aug 21 11:48:04 EDT 2009

Hi Karl,

The volume representation needs a set of valid scalars.  In the GUI,
the color-by scalars are automatically switched for you when you
change the representation combobox to Volume.  In python you'll need
to do something like this:

SetDisplayProperties(reader, ColorArrayName='SomeVariableName')

Where SomeVariableName is the scalar array you want to use for volume
rendering.  Try doing this before setting Representation='Volume'.

Pat