[Paraview] Rendering bug in ParaView-CVS

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Fri Aug 14 13:41:35 EDT 2009

Correct, analysis is also a strong reason.
I would embrace the double precision (at option) for my micro-scale data.
So how do we go from here?
I once ago filed a request but it never got assigned.
I had some success in smuggling SetDataTypeToDouble into vtkThreshold
once, but the subsequent cases went unnoticed. I have grown quite some
collection of duplicate VTK filters that do nothing else but expose
SetDataTypeToXXX to the user.

- Dominik

Jean M. Favre wrote:
> Michael Wild wrote:
>> True, but you could write a small utility which directly operates on
>> your output data and scales it there
>
> scaling data while reading it only gets you that far, until what you are
> looking for are not just Colorful Visualization, but quantitative data
> analysis.
>
> I have similar problems, on the other side of the number spectrum, with
> astro-physics data. 10^50 numbers. We're now taking better advantage of
> ParaView to calculate volumes, fluxes, etc. The units have better be
> right, and it's easier to look at data in true scale.
>
> I vote for no-scaling to get immediate feedback on quantitative data
> analysis.
>
> my 2 cents
>
> Jean--
> Swiss National Supercomputing Center

d o m i n i k   s z c z e r b a ,   p h d . . . . . . . . . . .
c o m p u t a t i o n a l   l i f e   s c i e n c e   g r o u p
. . . . . . . i t ' i s   r e s e a r c h   f o u n d a t i o n
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . http://www.itis.ethz.ch