[Paraview] Rendering bug in ParaView-CVS

Jean M. Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Fri Aug 14 10:02:59 EDT 2009

Michael Wild wrote:
> True, but you could write a small utility which directly operates on
> your output data and scales it there

scaling data while reading it only gets you that far, until what you are
looking for are not just Colorful Visualization, but quantitative data
analysis.

I have similar problems, on the other side of the number spectrum, with
astro-physics data. 10^50 numbers. We're now taking better advantage of
ParaView to calculate volumes, fluxes, etc. The units have better be
right, and it's easier to look at data in true scale.

I vote for no-scaling to get immediate feedback on quantitative data
analysis.

my 2 cents

Jean--
Swiss National Supercomputing Center