[Paraview] problems compiling paraview cvs, osx, qt 4.5.2

Bryn Lloyd blloyd at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Wed Aug 12 03:23:40 EDT 2009

Hi Dominik,

Thanks. I just noticed that there was a CMakeLists.txt.r.1.92 file in my
directory, indicating that I must have made a modification at some
point. The cvs update did not overwrite this modified file. I tried a
clean checkout and it compiled fine.

/Bryn

Dominik Szczerba wrote:
> Try setting the QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE (or something). Also, I found a few
> times that cvs update somehow break things while a clean checkout works
> fine.
>
> Dominik
>
> Bryn Lloyd wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Updated my paraview installation yesterday and got the message that
>> the current cvs version wants Qt 4.5. I installed Qt 4.5.2 (the pre-
>> compiled binaries from the SDK) and tried to compile paraview.
>>
>> Unfortunately I get following error message:
>>
>> Linking CXX shared module ../../bin/libvtkViewsPython.so
>> [ 45%] Built target vtkViewsPython
>> [ 47%] Built target vtkQtChart
>> [ 47%] Built target QVTK
>> [ 47%] Built target QVTKWidgetPlugin
>> Linking CXX executable ../../../bin/vtkpython
>> ld: file not found: QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> make[2]: *** [bin/vtkpython] Error 1
>> make[1]: *** [VTK/Wrapping/Python/CMakeFiles/vtkpython.dir/all] Error 2
>>
>> The QtGui library is where is should be, in /Library/Frameworks/
>> QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui. Why can't paraview find it? Why is
>> it only showing part of the path, i.e. the "/Library/Frameworks/" is
>> missing?
>>

>> I used following settings:
>>
>> cmake \
>> -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release \
>> -DVTK_DEBUG_LEAKS=ON \
>> -DBUILD_TESTING=OFF \
>> -DKWCommon_BUILD_TESTING=OFF \
>> -DPARAVIEW_TESTING_WITH_PYTHON=OFF \
>> -DVTK_USE_GEOVIS=OFF \
>> -DVTK_USE_INFOVIS=OFF \
>> -DVTK_USE_RPATH=ON \
>> -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON \
>> -DPARAVIEW_ENABLE_PYTHON=ON \
>> -DPYTHON_LIBRARY=/sw/lib/python2.5/config/libpython2.5.dylib \
>> -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE=/sw/bin/python2.5 \
>> -DPYTHON_INCLUDE_PATH=/sw/include/python2.5 \
>> ..
>>

>> Thanks for any ideas/hints. Meanwhile I reverted to paraview 3.6.1,
>> which compiles fine with qt 4.5.2 (although it wants 4.3).
>>
>> Bryn

>> Powered by www.kitware.com

>> http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView

Bryn Lloyd
Computer Vision Laboratory
ETH Zürich, Sternwartstrasse 7, ETF C110
CH - 8092 Zürich, Switzerland
Tel: +41 44 63 26668
Fax: +41 44 63 21199