[Paraview] problems compiling paraview cvs, osx, qt 4.5.2

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Wed Aug 12 03:19:05 EDT 2009

Try setting the QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE (or something). Also, I found a few
times that cvs update somehow break things while a clean checkout works
fine.

Dominik

Bryn Lloyd wrote:
> Hi
>
> Updated my paraview installation yesterday and got the message that
> the current cvs version wants Qt 4.5. I installed Qt 4.5.2 (the pre-
> compiled binaries from the SDK) and tried to compile paraview.
>
> Unfortunately I get following error message:
>
> Linking CXX shared module ../../bin/libvtkViewsPython.so
> [ 45%] Built target vtkViewsPython
> [ 47%] Built target vtkQtChart
> [ 47%] Built target QVTK
> [ 47%] Built target QVTKWidgetPlugin
> Linking CXX executable ../../../bin/vtkpython
> ld: file not found: QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [bin/vtkpython] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [VTK/Wrapping/Python/CMakeFiles/vtkpython.dir/all] Error 2
>
> The QtGui library is where is should be, in /Library/Frameworks/
> QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui. Why can't paraview find it? Why is
> it only showing part of the path, i.e. the "/Library/Frameworks/" is
> missing?
>

> I used following settings:
>
> cmake \
> -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release \
> -DVTK_DEBUG_LEAKS=ON \
> -DBUILD_TESTING=OFF \
> -DKWCommon_BUILD_TESTING=OFF \
> -DPARAVIEW_TESTING_WITH_PYTHON=OFF \
> -DVTK_USE_GEOVIS=OFF \
> -DVTK_USE_INFOVIS=OFF \
> -DVTK_USE_RPATH=ON \
> -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON \
> -DPARAVIEW_ENABLE_PYTHON=ON \
> -DPYTHON_LIBRARY=/sw/lib/python2.5/config/libpython2.5.dylib \
> -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE=/sw/bin/python2.5 \
> -DPYTHON_INCLUDE_PATH=/sw/include/python2.5 \
> ..
>

> Thanks for any ideas/hints. Meanwhile I reverted to paraview 3.6.1,
> which compiles fine with qt 4.5.2 (although it wants 4.3).
>
> Bryn

d o m i n i k   s z c z e r b a ,   p h d . . . . . . . . . . .
c o m p u t a t i o n a l   l i f e   s c i e n c e   g r o u p
. . . . . . . i t ' i s   r e s e a r c h   f o u n d a t i o n
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . http://www.itis.ethz.ch