[Paraview] Tiled Quadric Clustering

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at 3DTOPO.com
Wed Aug 12 06:44:23 EDT 2009

Greetings,

I have tiled my DEMs and saved them to VTK which I am opening into
ParaView.

I then run the Delaunay2D filter to generate polygons from the point
data.

I need to simplify the data using a quadric cluster algorithm (or
similar). I am checking the "Use Feature Edges" option, but I am
seeing gaps in the connecting tiles, see:

<http://3DTOPO.com/quadric_clustering.jpg>

In other words, the feature edges are not being completely honored.
The data for the edge columns and rows are identical from one tile to
the next.

Does anyone know a filter or setting that I can run to fix this? I
need my tiles to be seamless, and I am really hoping that can use
ParaView for the job. It is a beautiful program, I have the process
automated with Python, and it seems so close to being exactly what I
need.

I greatly appreciate any advice, tips or pointers.

Thank you,

Jeshua Lacock
Founder/Programmer
3DTOPO Incorporated