[Paraview] multiple time steps and particle tracing

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Aug 10 18:11:08 EDT 2009

I cannot replicate the first issue you are having with the temporal shift scale.  Perhaps it would help if you could post some example data.

John Biddiscombe would be better at answering questions about the particle tracer, but I believe your problem is that you have not connected a "source" input.  The particle tracer requires two inputs.  The first input (port 0) contains the mesh with the vector field data.  The second input (port 1, called the source) is a mesh used to inject particles.  At each time step, a particle located at each point in the source mesh will be injected into the particle tracer.

-Ken