[Paraview] ParaView Mac OS X and Cocoa ... again

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon Aug 3 18:08:13 EDT 2009

On 7/31/09 5:01 PM, Berk Geveci said:

>I would like to have the cvs ParaView working with Cocoa (hopefully
>while still preserving Carbon build functionality). Do you have
>patches to do this? If not, can we work together to get this working?

See also:
<http://www.vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=7818>

It address the "while still preserving Carbon build functionality" part
of your comment.  But it does mean a backwards-incompatibility in VTK,
however it's only to a semi-public API and is unlikely to affect many
apps (it will affect apps that are not "wholly VTK" like my app and
OsiriX, but the change is simple).

Is that OK?  Maybe I should ask on vtk-dev...

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com