[Paraview] Transforming Points IDs to Global IDs

Rafael March rafaelmarch3 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 3 13:49:11 EDT 2009

Hi,

what is the easiest way to transform Points IDs to Global IDs ?

I have a Multiblock Dataset, and I can iterate through its blocks, get each cell of each block and get the ids of its points. These points ids are unique and global, since my model is being read with the Ensight reader. Now, I would like that this point information persists when I apply a filter to my model.

For example: suppose I have a Model with 2 parts: A and B. When I look at the points nodes which belong to the part A, I have a set. Then I extract this part, selecting it and using Extract Selection filter. When I look again to its points ids it seems that I have another set: they have been regenerated, and begin with 0 and end with "number of points".

Is there a way to avoid this ?

Thanks,
Rafael March.