[Paraview] Pick Filter

Weirs, V Gregory vgweirs at sandia.gov
Thu Mar 27 19:38:29 EDT 2008

If you just want the vector text attached to the cells or points in the 3d view, and no spreadsheet view at all, try the following.

Do the pick part as Alan described, but stop before the extract selection filter.
Then, View->Selection inspector
In the selection inspector:
  choose either "cell label" or "point label" depending on the type of your vector
  choose the variable from the "label mode" drop down box
  check the "visible" box

Note that there is some bug in the display of the data, see bug 6627. It seems to be fixed in the trunk now (Thanks Utkarsh!) If you follow Alan's instructions to put the data in the spreadsheet view, the data is correct. At least I haven't seen it be wrong.

Greg