[Paraview] pvbatch and X server

Tilaye Yismaw Alemu talemu at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Wed Mar 26 09:30:21 EDT 2008

Thank you very much, Ken and Kent for your help. I tried to follow your
suggestions which brought other problems, not a paraview bug though. But
I did manage to find the problem, which is GLX not being (properly?)
loaded. Even running "glxinfo" made the X server crash. Poking around I
found out that starting firefox first does the job. Perhaps firefox is
smart enough to load GLX...not sure whats going on but works for me.

Cheers,
Tilaye Y. Alemu
Applications Developer
EPCC, JCMB, Mayfield Road