[Paraview] EnSight gold Paraview problem

Bolsover, Alex (UK) Alex.Bolsover at baesystems.com
Mon Mar 17 11:35:59 EDT 2008

Hi,

I've been having a problem with Paraview and I was wondering if any of
you could help me.

Essentially I'm trying to read EnSight gold files into paraview. Smaller
files work fine but larger ones cause paraview to crash so drastically
it brings down the computer.

What happens is that I load the file, click apply then wait for a moment
while paraview tries to display it. Paraview will either show the file
correctly for a few seconds then crash or crash imedietly before showing
anything.

When it does crash the screen goes compleatly blank. After a few seconds
the mouse apperes and shows the 'working' symbol, then it goes blank
again. This cycle continues indefinitely until I turn the power off.

When i start paraview i get this error...

libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x5a

... but paraview starts fine despite that. I do not know whether that
error is connected to the problem.

The kind of sizes I'm talking about is around 170000 nodes, 86000 cells.
I'm using paraview 3.3 on fedora linux.

If you could help that would be really great.

Thank you.